Our latest edition to our cequence gates is this well built, beautifully crafted stainless steel framed Cedar Minimalist Gate
- This stainless steel framed Cedar Minimalist Gate comes with hinges and a long thow gate latch.
- The front of the gate enjoys a minimalist look with an ultra slim stainless steel frame.
- The rear of the gate has a stainless frame visible that adds strength to the gate.
- The Cedar is double sided so both sides enjoy a slatted Cedar look.
- These gate can also be supplied in bespoke sizes on request.
What is Western Red Cedar?
The sapwood is narrow and white in colour, and the heartwood is reddish-brown. When freshly felled, the heartwood often displays a marked variation in colour; that from the centre of the log may be a dark chocolate-brown changing to salmon pink nearer the sapwood, or the wood may be variegated with alternate dark and light zones. After conventional high temperature kiln drying, the wood assumes a uniform reddish-brown tone, but after long exposure to weather the colour is lost, and the wood becomes silver-grey. This weathered appearance is sometimes purposely sought by architects, but a further peculiarity of the wood is its ability to take and hold stain of the finest tint without discolouration. The wood is non-resinous, straight-grained, somewhat coarse- textured and exhibits a fairly prominent growth-ring figure It is soft, rather brittle, aromatic, especially when wet and light in weight, about 390 kg/m³ when dried.
Western Red Cedar is durable, long lasting, particularly when properly treated.